Monday, September 30, 2013

For the Love of this Life

I am lying in the den of my new house which after two months of living here has finally been cleared of boxes and feels like home. There's a new spaciousness I can rest in.

Tomorrow I return to work, and not sure that I'm ready.  But I can take one day at a time-- just like this house, and the way I have been working through this place box by box, little by little to turn it into a home. Little by little I will right my life, clear spaces, open doors, and dare to live with more honesty and compassion.

Daring to live honestly means coming up to my edges- and maybe crossing over.  Today I shared worship with my spiritual director who was our visiting minister in the pulpit; I also led a prayer circle with two others holding heavy burdens on their hearts.  It was a joyous day of being fully who I am and sharing that life of joy and sorrow in spirit with others.  The afternoon was spent catching up with a good friend I hadn't seen in awhile due to his new job which takes him out of town a lot.  We chatted over a lunch of homemade chicken soup made with the chicken from a fellow congregant's farm, and applesauce from apples from last week's church apple-picking excursion....I had given the time this weekend to slowing down, spending hours in the kitchen in such domestic labors of love. And I realized how much I love love love my life in this Hudson Valley-- as long as I can take the time to truly live it. I love my friends, my family, the way our lives are enriched in community.  I love that I share this journey with so many dear ones, and that there is a rich sense of interconnection woven into the fabric of our everyday lives.

This is the life I must lean into more fully-- not the crazy rat race that seems to have grown up like a weed, transplanted to this place from other realms.  There is a spirit already here, already present.  This is the spirit which nourishes us, and which I move into more deeply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment