Friday, July 11, 2014

The Fire of Commitment

Unitarian Universalist General Assembly, 2014
I am beginning a new segment of this blog, which I am naming after that beloved UU song in our teal Singing the Journey hymnals: The Fire of Commitment.  The symbol of fire has ignited this journey, casting its warm glow on my life…it has been smouldering for awhile, and in the words of Garth Brooks-'I cannot abide, standing outside'...the fire!  I have walked wooded paths beside a river…and I have arrived at a place where vows are made before a blazing water fire. So this is where the journey leads?  I am arrived at that unexpected place, where Love surrounds me with its warm conflagration, a love that will not let me go.  This is the Holy Pentecost, the Fire of the Spirit, the power of love that moves within me and through me, as I move more deeply into the fullness of Life.

2014 New Contemplatives, Spiritual Directors International 
   
     




                      May the reflections I offer her arise 

                               from that one true Flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment