Sunday, November 10, 2013

Growing Edges

Today I completed my final training session in the Art of Spiritual Guidance. The past fifteen months of training have opened so many doors in my soul.  Perhaps the most important lesson I have learned is to listen to my inner truth and to grow in integrity.  I am listening...and I am growing still.

Tonight it occurred to me that I may be afraid of some of those growing edges, and it may be time to move beyond a particular comfort zone.  There is nothing innately wrong with the comfort zone- like the fire at the hearth, it creates a place of home and belonging.  But at what point does a comfort zone start to hinder my own growth?  Perhaps my place of service is now in new territories, not yet explored, and the challenge is to say 'yes' to what is before me, to what I am walking into, to what might scare me in its uncertainty...but ultimately to what I am being called to do.

So today I practice exploring those growing edges.  I begin simply with observing my reactions: to notice what irks me, what causes me to cling tighter, what leads me to fear.  And how am I responding?  That is the next step.  But if I can notice and name what I am afraid of, then I can clear space for calling...space for the still small voice within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment